Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas sewing

I just had to make another table runner.  These things are addictive.

I started with some squares and a cookie cutter (to make appliques).  I decided to fuse the squares to some interfacing to try this the way I've seen many people do it online.  I'll try to find the tutorial & post the link.  What a cool technique.  Ingenious, actually.  The only downside is that it was super thick, especially once I put appliques on there and then machine quilted it.

By the way, that's my favorite ruler shown.  The Nancy Crow Quickline.  Don't know why, but it just feels right.

And, of course, I stippled it.  Yep, it's what I do.  Soon that will change, though.

I wish I had a finished pic of the project; however, this is for my aunt for Christmas, and I had to get it there in time.  Since I was rushing, I never took the finished photo.  Maybe I'll convince her to take one of it on her table since she hosts a family Christmas each year.

No comments:

Post a Comment