Sunday, February 14, 2010

Nada.

I played around with fabric Friday night & made a few quilt blocks, but other than that, I have nothing to show you.  I do have a little to tell you, though.  I went to my first guild meeting in probably 12 or 13 years.  I checked out the Greater San Antonio Quilt Guild Saturday.  Yes, I was truly inspired.

The presenter was Carol Morrissey, who you might have seen on one of Keepsake Quilting's catalog covers in the the last year or two (the quilt with the turtles).  Seeing her quilts in person has really inspired me to stretch  myself and really make some contemporary artsy quilts.  She dyes her own fabrics, and oh, how I'd love to do that.  If I hadn't just bought a long-arm, I'd be pursuing dyeing my own fabric.  Maybe in a year or two. 

Let's go ahead & talk about my long arm.  It's dead.  Really.  The shop has had it two or three weeks and has been dealing with the manufacturer.  The engineers at the manufacturer haven't seen a problem like mine EVER, so they're sending me a new machine.  It should be at my dealer's place tomorrow, so I imagine it will be ready for me Tuesday.  My husband was real impressed that I was able to wreck my machine in such a short amount of time!  That's nothing.  You should see what I can do to a computer or a car.  I have the worst luck with both, so I'm hoping that the long arm won't be in the same category.

Let's leave sad stories aside and move on.  As for shopping, I was patting myself on the back for all the fabric I haven't bought in the last week.  But then I remembered I bought a bit online.  My teaching partner at work just had a baby Friday (a beautiful little girl!), so I ordered the girl chirp fabric that came out this week.  I have no idea what kind of quilt I'm going to make.  She deserves something divine, though.  I ordered the fabric through fatquartershop.com, and I'm so impressed with them.  I ordered it one afternoon, and it was in my mailbox noon the next day.  I was so happy, I damn near cried.  I can't wait to place my next order.

I also bought some fabric from sew deerly loved.  I bought some dolce fabrics.  Can't remember which ones, though.  I'll show you when they arrive.  Looking at her fabrics really made me drool.

So, that about sums up my weekend.  My husband I and were quite the social butterflies this weekend.  We went out Saturday night with some friends who were in town, had brunch today with other friends in town, and then this afternoon visited some friends who live on the other side of San Antonio (she was having a free-motion quilting crisis, so we came to assist).  All in all, a perfect weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment